DVT or deep vein thrombosis is a medical condition that happens when a thrombus or blood clot forms in the deep veins in the body. This condition mainly occurs in the legs, causing swelling and pain. But often, there are no symptoms.
A person may acquire DVT due to a specific medical condition that affects the natural clotting of blood. Sometimes, blood clots may form on the legs if the person doesn't move for prolonged periods. For instance, after an accident or surgery, or when travelling long distances regularly. In such cases, DVT treatment in Aurangabad or deep vein thrombosis treatment in Nagpur may be required.
As per experts of DVT treatment in Navi Mumbai, deep vein thrombosis could be a serious medical condition because if the blood clots that have formed in the veins break loose, they could travel in the bloodstream and may get stuck in the lungs, thus, blocking the blood flow to the lungs. Blood clot in calf muscle treatment can help to effectively solve DVT.
● Swelling in the leg; very rarely you’ll experience swelling in both the legs
● Discoloured or red skin on the leg
● Pain in the leg; this pain often begins in the calf area and feels like soreness or cramping
● Warm feeling in the impacted leg
Deep vein thrombosis could also occur without noticeable symptoms, and the patient may be required to undergo deep vein thrombosis treatment in Nagpur.
As per experts of DVT treatment in Navi Mumbai, anything that obstructs the normal clotting or flowing of blood can cause blood clots.
The primary cause of DVT is the damage to the veins from trauma or surgery and inflammation because of injury or infection, which requires a deep vein thrombosis treatment in Aurangabad.
Risk factors of DVT
Many things could increase the risk of acquiring DVT. The major risk factors include:
● Age: Adults of 60 years or more are at greater risk to acquire DVT. However, it can occur earlier too. And the patient needs to undergo deep vein thrombosis treatment in Mumbai.
● Non-movement: Regularly sitting for longer periods (for work or travel), could also increase the risk of DVT. When the legs stay still for long periods, the calf muscles do not contract, which may lead to blood clots, requiring deep vein thrombosis treatment in Aurangabad. Muscle contraction in the legs is necessary for proper blood circulation.
Prolonged bed rest like paralysis or long periods of hospital stay. Blood clots may form in the calves of the legs if the calf muscles remain still for longer periods. In this case, blood clot in calf muscle treatment is required.
● Surgery or injury: Any sort of injury to the veins could increase the chances of blood clots.
● Pregnancy: According to experts of DVT treatment in Nagpur, pregnancy further increases the vein pressure in the legs and pelvis. Women who have inherited the clotting disorder are at a higher chance of developing DVT.
● Birth control pills: According to experts of deep vein thrombosis treatment in Mumbai, hormone replacement therapies or oral contraceptives can increase the chances of the formation of blood clots.
● Obesity: Being overweight increases soreness in the leg veins, leading to chances of blood clots. And you may need to undergo deep vein thrombosis treatment in Navi Mumbai.
● Smoking: It is known to impact normal blood circulation and could increase the chances of the formation of blood clots.
● Cancer: According to experts of DVT treatment in Nagpur, some types of cancer lead to an increase in chemicals and substances that may influence the formation of blood clots. Some cancer treatments can also help formation of blood clots.