When you get a slight injury or a paper cut that draws blood, what happens next is, blood clots form over the injury to stop the bleeding naturally. When its task is completed, these clots usually break away naturally. Sometimes, there is sudden or post traumatic or post-operative hospitalization swelling and redness of leg and you should immediately consult vascular surgeon for blood clot in calf muscle treatment.
Blood clots can form in any part of the body, but more often, blood clots tend to affect the legs, especially if the person remains seated for prolonged periods continually and presents with severe pain in legs, redness. Such blood clots need blood clot in legs treatment in Navi Mumbai for an effective recovery to get rid of leg swelling and leg pain. Such people will present with symptoms of unable to walk and fatigue and cramps in leg.
People may even get a blood clot in the arteries that carry the vital oxygen and the blood from the heart to every part of the body. If blood clots form in the arteries, then it could result in serious medical complications as it would block the flow of blood and oxygen to the vital organs and may result in gangrene of leg in Pune. This could lead to an emergency like a stroke or heart attack if it block blood flow to brain or heart.
A few patients may get blood clots in their veins responsible for carrying blood from legs to the heart. If blood clots occur in the leg veins then initially there is only severe pain in legs. The symptoms appear more gradually. However, it could still lead to serious medical complications like pulmonary embolism which is fatal condition and so calf muscle pain treatment in Mumbai may be required in initial stage to prevent future complications.
For this reason, it is essential to know about the signs or symptoms that warn us about the formation of blood clots in the body. Understanding and acknowledging these symptoms can help you seek quick medical assistance and calf muscle pain treatment near me at the right time and prevent the clots from turning into significant health complications. In this blog, we discuss the symptoms of blood clots when they form in different parts of the body.
When blood clots form in the leg or the arm, deeper beneath the skin surface, this condition is termed as DVT or Deep Vein Thrombosis. These patients have severe pain in legs, swelling and redness of legs. This is a dangerous condition because such clots could travel in the bloodstream to the lungs or the heart and cause breathlessness and heart failure and even death. Therefore patients need to undergo DVT treatment in Aurangabad.
A person is more susceptible to acquire DVT if they have not moved their body for prolonged periods. For instance, post-surgery or a long flight trip, it is crucial to seek immediate blood clot in calf muscle treatment if you experience any of the following symptoms.
● Swelling: Swelling occurs in the exact area where there is a blood clot, or the entire leg or arm could swell or puff up.
● Pain: If the blood clot gets even worse, it would get sore or hurt. You may experience intense pain. Unable to sleep.
● Colour change: You might notice that the leg or arm has taken a blue or red tinge or gets itchy.
● Warm skin: Your skin around the painful spot or legs or arms with DVT might feel warmer than the skin in other areas of the body.
● Troubled breathing: If the patient has difficulty breathing, then it suggests that the blood clot has moved up from the legs or the arm and has reached the lungs. The patient may also experience a nasty cough. Sometimes, they may even cough out blood, feel dizzy or pain in the chest. If the blood clots enter the lungs, then it could give rise to significant health complications. The patient must seek immediate calf muscle pain treatment from expert varicose vein surgery doctors.
● Cramps in the lower leg: If the blood clot is present in the calf region or in the lower leg region, then the patient might feel like a charley horse or a cramp.
● Pitting Edema: Deep Vein Thrombosis can lead to the build-up of fluids or Edema in the legs or the arms. This happens very quickly in DVT patients. When the swollen region is pressed, it causes a pit or dimples that stays for some seconds.
● Painful, swollen veins: The pain increases as you touch the legs in deep vein thrombosis.
Blood clots that form inside or around the heart may lead to a massive heart attack. The symptoms of a blood clot near in or near the heart include:
● Excruciating pain in the arm or chest
● Trouble breathing
According to the doctor for blood clots in the lungs usually have their origins in the deep veins of the leg. These clots break away from the deep veins in the legs or arms and travel all the way up towards the lungs. The symptoms that the blood clot has reached the lungs include:
● Having breathing problems or shortness of breath or breathlessness
● Start coughing
● Pain the chest
DVT Prevention - Drink more water, walk around often and wear stockings in long journey.
You should never ignore the signs and symptoms of blood clots. Knowing the symptoms will help you seek better varicose pain treatment. If you are searching for the best Deep Vein Thrombosis treatment near me, you must visit The Vascular Center today due to our expertise and ample experience in handling such vascular thrombosis cases and giving best outcome and pain relief to such patients suffering from DVT.