Our body has both superficial and deep veins in the limbs or extremities (arms & leg). A blood clot is a serious concern as it can cause life-threatening convolution. A clot in the deep vein system can be threatening in case a lump of the blood clot breaks open or through the bloodstream reaches the heart, and into the pulmonary arteries forming a pulmonary embolism. A person may not see any signs or symptoms of the pulmonary embolism until it’s too late and has already advanced to the lungs causing pulmonary embolism. There are various risk factors from the blood clot formation which are immobility, a genetic tendency towards blood clotting, and injury to veins or adjacent tissue occurs and a DVT treatment near me is necessary to prevent future damages like this.
· What is DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS?
- Deep vein thrombosis which is also known as DVT is a medical condition where a clot is formed in a deep vein or. It often develops in the lower leg, thigh, or pelvis and sometimes in arms, but DVT can also happen in any area of the body. It generally affects the age group of 50 & above but it is vital to know about DVT as it is not age-specific & can happen to anybody at any point in time. If taken lightly it can lead to serious illness, disability, and in a handful of cases lead to death. Though DVT is most frequently under-diagnosed & is a fatal illness but a preventable one with proper DVT treatment.
· Symptoms and early warning signs of DVT:
- Generally, symptoms of DVT are related to the interference of blood not reaching the heart and causing back up of blood in the commonly infected areas which are legs & arms. Some of the standard symptoms include:
3. Tenderness or Warmth
4. Skin Redding
5. Leg cramp, more often in the calf
6. Leg pain that is really bad when bent
7. Skin turning bluish or whitish in colour
8. In case you have upper extremity DVT or a blood clot in your arm then you may Experience some of these common symptoms which include pain in the neck or shoulder area, swollen arm or hand, skin colour turns blue-tinted, weakness in the arm, extreme pain that makes your hand immovable.
- It is not necessary to experience all of the symptoms, as sometimes you may have none. However, symptoms may look like an infection or cellulitis in the arms or legs.
- You can contact a doctor for veins near you, for getting yourself checked if you have it or not
· DVT causes:
- There are innumerable reasons as to which DVT can happen but here are some of the most frequently heard causes which are injury, surgery, reduction in mobility or activity, certain medication, etc.
· DVT Risk Factors:
- DVT is a disease that can affect any one in their living course of time. A list of conditions can revise the movement of your blood through the veins which can increase your chances of having or developing clots, These include:
1. An injury that has damaged your veins such as bone fractures.
2. Obesity or being overweight can also cause clots as it puts more pressure on your legs and pelvis.
3. Having a Family history of DVT
4. Having a catheter placed in a vein
5. If you are smoking or taking birth control pills
6. Sustaining hormonal therapy
7. Being seated for long hours while you are in a car or plane, especially if you already have at least one other risk factor.
- There are some other factors that can increase the risk of forming blood clots That may include a Hereditary blood clotting disorder, cancer, and inflammatory bowel disease, heart failure, etc. DVT is a great risk when associated with having surgery like joint replacement etc.
· DVT Treatment:
- DVT is a very serious medical condition. You should consult a doctor if you are experiencing any symptoms of DVT or have been going through some sudden changes. Or good to the closest emergency room. The nearest healthcare provider can also help you check out your symptoms. For instance, if you have pain in your legs, you can go for leg muscle pain treatment
- Treatment generally focuses on keeping the clot from growing. Along with treatment they also help for causing pulmonary embolism and reduce your risk of having more clots.
- Here is a various treatment that is given:
1. Medication: Your Doctor may provide you with medications that help in thinning the blood. This is done to make it harder for your blood. It also helps to keep the present clot as small as possible and decreases the chance of developing more of it.
2. Compression stockings: If you are at high risk of DVT these prevent you from Welling and might lower the chances of getting the clothes. Compression stockings are generally available in two sizes that are below the knees right above it.
3. DVT Surgery: In cases of high blood clots the doctor recommends removing the clot through surgery in which the doctor will incision into your blood vessel through surgical thrombectomy and remove the clot. You should always consult a vein doctor near me.
4. DVT Exercise: sitting for long hours can lead to blood clots. So some exercises that can be done while you are seated can prevent your legs from having blood clots or DVT.
5. Other treatments include Nipple, foot pumps, ankle circles, etc.
· DVT Prevention:
- DVT can be prevented if proper measures are taken which are as follows:
1. Don’t sit for long hours and keep your body moving
2. Wear elastic hosiery or compression stockings
3. When on public transport like trains or buses get up and move about periodically if you can.
4. Stop smoking, if doing
5. Avoid obesity & inactivity
6. Avoid dehydration
7. Maintain normal blood pleasure
It can be prevented with the help of Deep Vein Thrombosis Treatment.
Connect with us today for Deep veins treatment in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, and Aurangabad.